Some quick highlights from Sneed Christmas 2011:
- Best out of context quote goes to my mom: “Man, it’s a good thing Katie married you.” Or "Man, you're lucky Katie married you." Or, "How in the WORLD did you get Katie to marry you?" Can't remember exactly which one. But it was along those lines of awe at Katie. Or maybe questioning her judgement for marrying me. I dunno. Onward...
- Mom leading “Luxury Bingo” in a British accent. With a megaphone. In the kitchen.
- My niece, Malia, getting her first bike. And then spending two minutes on it before realizing she wanted to go get in her Mini Cooper. She got that for her birthday earlier in 2011. She prefers the pedals you mash to make things go rather than the pedals you actually have to work to push. Kids these days.
- Coolest gift: A 1901 silver dollar from my grandma that was part of a collection that her mother had. It’s worth $250, although I think the whole vintage/nostalgia/IT’S A FREAKING SILVER DOLLAR AND SILVER DOLLARS ARE AWESOME factor is way totally rad. Gonna keep that thing forever. Unless it becomes worth a million bucks somehow. Then I’m going to be a total sellout.
- Perhaps most practical gift: A new set of clippers for me to use cutting my hair. They are actually called “Balding Clippers.” HA FREAKING HA.
- Awesomest Moment: Getting up at 5 a.m. to go play basketball at the YMCA with my two brothers only to find the Y closed. And then going to an outdoor court nearby to play 21 and it was 30 degrees and we had to scale a 12-foot fence to get onto the court. And then we realized there was a wide-open gate on the other side of the court.
Of course, these are only a few highlights from what was, honestly, a Christmas weekend that was absolutely chock full of goodness. But enough about me. Tell me about you. What were the best parts of your 2011 Christmas?